Blog Post #5

I enjoyed reading this article because it shows that there are many forms of teaching methods and these four teachers did just that through creating maps. The four teachers are; Sarah, Michelle, Lee, and Eli.
The first teacher is Sarah who is queer. The fact that she is opened about it, she is helping others feel comfortable who are queer. She also demonstrated how imagine is not everything, because of wearing pants all the time and more boyish clothes doesn’t not change the fact that she is a teacher. Her map is good because it what I consider a queer representation in a humorous way.
The second teacher is Michelle who make a spatial map demonstrating her routine. She does this to show how the first few hours of her days are routine, then at any time they can change. Everything is unpredictable. Like when there I are printing problems it messes up her time.  For example, “This is as far as I got. I could have gone into the day. I think only getting this far, to 8 o’clock in the morning says a lot… how much happens before the kids even arrive, how much you have to do and know and remember.”
The third teacher is Lee and her map is designed around culture, race, social identity and survival. She does this to demonstrate how cleanness helps to build a positive relationship for the students. Every student’s lifestyle is different. “For Lee cleaning her classroom is part of a ritual of professionalism. She says, “it’s an area where you’re going to learn, so it should be clean, “suggesting a link between cleanliness and learning, a though the clean space communicates the seriousness of the task, or is pre-requisite to good work.”
The fourth teacher is Eli’s and his map is of a torso and around it is words in bold describing different things like; Heart, Gut, Tone, and etc. He does this because he is representing different job paths he has taken and things that interest things people wouldn’t think about of a teacher. I thought I was very interesting how he should the students what kind of person he is beyond the teacher.
I have just started at my internship site but what I have seen, is people compassionate about what they do. Talking to women in Crisis about them and their children. The staff also smiles and we have laughs on our down time. I can’t think at the time what they can improve on I just hope they are patient with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #8

"Common Sense" About Youth

SEVEN characteristics of Youth Work